Master of science in ORGANISATIONAL dEVELOPMENT
The Masters Programme is designed purposely for those with first degree and other relevant qualifications seeking to develop their careers in the field of Organisation and Community Development. Its is a perfect programme for professionals, entrepreneurs, executives/leaders who want to transform their teams/organizations to high performing status and for those in training and development roles (working with groups within their organizations or communities), It will serve the personal and organisational development agenda of the academia (institutions that wish to introduce OD to their faculties), leaders in the security sector, the industry, the non-profit sector (NGOs/Religious groups) and young professionals who are planning to improve performance or facilitate change in their units, organizations or communities. Consultants can also take advantage.
The course will provide Target group with a background in OD and introduce them to several OD models to facilitate transformational change, organizational transitional management, staff development issues and to lead successful organizational development interventions that will result in effectiveness, efficiency, high performance and responsiveness to the needs of the employees and system improvement.
The programme intends to help participants acquire the necessary up-to-date organsational development knowledge and skills that are crucial for the effective transformation of all the four levels of the organization and supporting them to successfully apply their new competencies at work to improve organizational performance and results by linking the classroom to the workplace throughout the course.
At the end of the proposed 2 years, students/participants should be able to:
1. Apply OD ethics in the workplace and in everyday life as a professional.
2. Apply OD approach and make a difference at the workplace by enhancing business success as well as community development.
3. Use OD Competencies (process consulting, intervention tools, models, approaches, etc) and able to apply these competencies to influence sustainable change and development in the field of practice (small and large systems).
4. Apply Action Research Model to help business growth and sustenance.
5. Apply Facilitation for change skills and how to grow business as well as carry out OD consultancy for service fee/income.
6. Students able to apply consulting skills to organization and community.
By the end of each module, students/participants would have learnt the theory and practice of the following;
Module 1 (15 Credits)
1. Organisation Development (OD):Theory and Practice -3 credits
2. Philosophy -3 credits
3. Dynamic Team Building and Leadership Development -3 credits
4. Research methodology and Design -3 credits
5. Action Research Model and Practice -3 credits
Module 2 (11 Credits)
1. Facilitation Skill and Practice -2 credits
2. Statistics -3 credits
3. Organisation Analysis and System Design -3 credits
4. Strategic Planning Skills and Management -3 credits
Module 3 (10 Credits)
1. Organisational Behaviour Management -2 credits
2. OD Consulting Skills and Practice -3 credits
3. Organisational Psychology -2 credits
4. Executive Coaching -3 credits
Module 4 (12 Credits)
1. Mediation and Conflict Transformation Skills -3 credits
2. Project work (Thesis and Report) – 6 credits
3. Specialisation -3 credits
a. Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM)
b. Whole System Transformation (WST)
c. Appreciative Leadership Development and Practice